Saturday, March 18, 2006

Value Education Class

In St Mary's Convent Nainital, each day the first class was on value education or moral science. The classes dealt with values like punctuality,honesty etcfdref. Frankly while in school , i never realised the worth of that class.I was'nt sure if i was gaining anything valuable .

But after so many years when i look back i feel every minute spend in that class was worth it.

The other day we were to meet up some friends to go to a surprise party and some of the friends turned up an hour late leaving me with nothing but surprise!
I just couldnt digest the fact that people can be so casual about appointments!an hour late is just fine and the best part u can go on without an apology as if nothing wrong happened!

Events like these make me feel proud of the fact that lessons learned in moral science class have stayed with me till now.Sister Christina in the moral science classes always said-"Respect time-yours and others.Never keep anyone waiting!It shows lack of interest and respect to others".

And till today this is the way i feel- disrespected ,when people fail to keep up with the time of their appointments.I am very proud of the fact that i practice till date what i learned in my moral science classes.
Disrespect for time-mine and others is what i have never exhibited!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Three cheers to the V.Ed (Value Education)classes!Another of my favourites from the Moral science class is "Live and Let live".
The daily half hour sessions have sure been embedded in us ramneeites.