Saturday, March 04, 2006

Bells of St Mary's ring out far and wide.....

My daughter Devanshi is soon going to be 18 months and catching on words fast.Its now that i sing out nursery ryhmes and songs to her as she enjoys them.
Suddenly i find myself singing songs like-Row -row ur boat,one little duck went far away .
I am suprised myself as these songs and nursery rhymes were taught to me in St Marys Convent my school in Nainital nearly 18 years ago but its all coming back to me unconciuosly now!!Yes,i do remember the words...with a few hitches here and there.

I am glad as lessons taught years ago in St Mary's were meant to stay with me forever and i hope to pass them down to my daughter.

1 comment:

Alex said...

All credit to the red cheeks and pleasing personality of Sister Cecilia.I sure miss those days Manna!And u sure do remember the exercises of Do re mi and "aaaaaaaa" and "ooooooooo".
dont forget to teach Devanshi the "farmer had a dog and jumbo was his name...J ..U..M..B..O"