Monday, March 27, 2006

My Pride-Uttaranchal

People often ask me-"Which state are you from"?
My answer offcourse with a twinkle in my eyes and a broad grin is -Uttaranchal!and then i go on...My part of the country is amazing....nothing compares....wonderful schools,amazing holiday spots...forward looking society etc..etc.I agree at times i go overboard!
Rajiv ofthen complains -"Each time u talk about Uttaranchal u say -"my part of the country" a million times....as if rest of the country is muck and filth and u are from a paradise "!
Yes ,i have lived in different parts of the country and nothing compares to Uttaranchal,our people,our weddings,oue festivals,our food,our schools and our temples!I can go on and on...
I am a very proud Uttaranchali and am ready to sound like a real snob when i describe to people my identity-Uttaranchal!

No comments: