Monday, January 30, 2006

And Just like that.....


It was a cold and foggy evening of December 2001(last week i ..dont remember the date).I sat in Centre for Science and Environment sipping 6th or maybe 7th cup of canteen chai trying hard to file a environment story on Volunteerism.

Unable to concenterate i decided to surf the net-I opened google and started to search for all the websites related to uttaranchal (my favourite passtime).
As usual came across a lot of beautiful pics and lots of websites related to Uttaranchal.

A site-www.uttaranchal.ws (this one was meant to change my life...)
appealed to me instantly- it had a page called webfriends. I was excited hoping to find some of my school friends or people i had lost touch with..

Very excited i clicked on a page and the first posting that caught my eye was from Rajiv Shah ( Had never heard of this name before). There was an instant connection-same last name and Nainital.
I decided to write back saying i was glad to find a Shah listed-the only one at that time among hundreds of unfamiliar listings.

And just like that....on that cold December evening my life was about to change.
Starting that evening the number of outgoing and incoming mails slowly increased in my mailbox . A month later my cellphone was ringing more than it usully used to ....

and just like that ........ exactly a year later( December of 2002 ) Rajiv and myself got married!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Just like that!!!