Saturday, January 28, 2006

Does a mom get to choose her friends?

Does a mother get to choose her friends?I being one would say NO!As my daughter has turned 15 months quickly i cant help but realise an urgent need of social interaction for her.Since there are very few kids in my apartment i cant help much.So how do i get her to be friends with the few kids who are her age?I soon found the answer to that question-A play group.So now my daughter is a part of a play group in Uptown Charlotte Library.To my suprise i too have found new friends....where?The mothers of the kids who are my daughters friends...I never needed those so called new friends but now i have many of them...Its my daughter who has chosen them for me.I guess as a Mom i am happy being friends with them but may be an indivisual i would need friends with whom i connect more as an indivusual than as a mom only.At the moment i am playing a big role of a mom and i guess i am happy putting myself aside and playing just MOM!!FOR MY LITTLE ONE...

No comments: