Thursday, February 16, 2006

Little India

I have never felt so Patriotic in my life as i have felt over the past one year in the US. Not a day goes by without browsing through NDTV,Samachar,DeccanHerald sites!Any news about India on CNN is a point of intense discussion over lunch with Rajiv.
Yes i think its patriotic ! being so far away we do think of India everyday!follow every event closely!!Over social gatherings we discuss how Rani Mukherjee is a bettertmatch for Junior B as compared to Ash!and offcourse the theme of every second party is Traditional!
Most of the new born Indian kids have very traditional Indian names like-Krish(Lord Krishna),Mahati(name of a Raaga) etc.I have seen Indians in New York flocking to Indian grocery stores right before festivals to get a Coconut,Paan,raw turmeric.


I am glad there is a little India in the hearts of Indians living here in US in many little ways!

1 comment:

Shiv said...

Namasthe Manisha & Rajeev,

I came across your blog when I was mindlessly roaming around through random blogs.

I totally echo with your feelings about feeling 'Hindustani' in a land far away from ours.Being here for almost a year, I can associate with what u r saying..

Keep blogging!

bTW Devanshi..it is a nice name..what is the meaning of it?