Monday, July 17, 2006

Brain Drain!

Brain drain was an issue i had heard and dealt with mostly during debates and discussions. Currently i am seeing it happen here in front of my very own eyes!Most of the young Indians i know here in the US just dont wish to go back to India.

They admit-

- learning wise India offers better oppurtunities hence a brighter tomorrow
-Indian companies are offering very competetive salaries
-American culture and way of life is not for them
-American education system is going to make their kids dull
-American food is what they dislike
-The value of dollar is going to depriciate in the near future
-India has it all -fun ,good life and good money
-India is where their heart and soul is

But still most of them are trying all desperate things to keep their visas valid and seeking jobs in companies who can process green cards for them.
Now this is what i call draining away ones life for chasing the American Dream which is just a dream!

1 comment:

gsde said...

I was in no mood to write another post, but couldn't help reacting to this one.
I am an Indian, came to US 7 years back. Love it here. US feels like home now. One biggest reason keeping me here, besides the everyday struggle in India, is the culture in Indian companies where you are expected to slog day and night. I am sure its not the case with every company but most of them follow this pattern as I had the fortune of working in one when I was in India. I would like to spend enough time with the family. I don't want my work to take over my life.
One other reason, though I am not 100% sure yet, is that I would like to raise my daughter in US as opposed to India.
BTW your posts are very thought provoking!