Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Growing up in Nainital

I grew up in Nainital and it was loads of fun.My school was St Marys Convent and all my elder cousins were studying there too.Ranu was four years senior,Sita was three years senior and Manu was Two years ahead.
I guess i connected better with Manu because she was just 2 years older and i always felt i could share all my secrets because she would never judge me...So one can say she was my best pal during those growing years in school.
All the cousins would look forward to the Dusshera vacations because all of us would get to stay together in Amar Niwas. We would go on and on till dawn talking about all kind of things- Fashion,Clothes,Haristyles and most importantly Boys!
None of us had boyfriends but offcourse each one had a crush or a guy who was interested.So it was enough to add spice to our lives:))
Evenings were spend loitering around in the Mall Road mostly eating and checking out guys!

As time went by each one passed out of school to college and then got married!I have not had a chnace to meet anyone of them in the past four years.None of them know what my daughter looks like and i remember thier kids only as toddlers. All of them are in school now.

As i look back i can truly say those were the most fun filled and exciting years of my life!

No comments: